Believe it or not, in family entertainment centers, EVERYTHING MATTERS! From the physical look, the food and beverage offering, the right attractions, correct pricing, and appropriately trained staff, they all play an important and equal part in your success! Once this is understood and you offer an equal representation in sensory appeal in each area of the facility, you will find success quickly….A few examples:
1) Comfortable and enough seating for adults – Even if you have a children’s play place, the correct seating is a necessity for a longer visit.
2) Food and beverage offering – Today’s society expects more! Families go out to each 4-5 times a week but only go out for entertainment once. The combination of good food and entertainment offers a greater appeal to your guests which will offer repeat visits more often.
3) Easily accessible WIFI – Many businesses have it but connecting or finding someone with the right password is nothing but a hassle. An open WIFI signal will allow parents to connect and work and/or browse at their leisure.
4) Appeal aesthetically for adults in some areas. Food, beverage, seating, design all are significant for return visits.
5) TRAINED STAFF – You can have the best product in the world but with incorrect staffing or training, you are limiting your ability to sell it!
6) Set up for success – You are on stage from the time you open until you close. Have all rooms set up and maintained with the expectation of a $10,000+ party is walking through the door at any moment!
7) Sound/Lighting – Appropriate lighting and sound are essential to creating an energetic mood. Having music up too loud during the day is as unappealing as too many games on attract mode. Creating and maintaining the right program with adults in mind will assist in a longer stay.
8) Declutter the Clutter – Everyone has it. Many don’t see it. A continued day-to-day operation most times results in patches of unrealized clutter which is a sign of disorganization. New staff and guests both pick up on it quickly and adjust their standards and expectations accordingly.
9) Pricing – Would YOU pay for what you offer? Are you in line with your guest’s expectations?
10) Cleanliness – IS A 100% NON-NEGOTIABLE! YOU WILL LOSE GUESTS!